1. Provision of transport and other logistic support services, in the EU and in third countries, in the framework of Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid operations
The aim of this contract is to provide the Commission with a real-time information service concerning availability and cost of transport assets and other logistic support services for civil protection operations inside and/or outside the participating states and humanitarian aid operations outside the EU. The contractor will be able to manage the entire transport chain and logistics functions from the port of entry/warehouse to the point of destination, including all elements of the transport modes needed including equipment, facilities, qualified personnel, expertise and other means necessary to perform the transport, freight-forwarding and related services.
Estimated budget range: EUR 750.000 – 15.000.000 (VAT excluded)
Deadline: 16 October 2012
Additional information can be requested from: European Commission, Directorate-General for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection (ECHO), firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Call for expressions of interest in supply contracts in the security equipment field (Ref: 2010/S 13-015664)
This call for expressions of interest has been launched by the European Commission’s Directorate-General Human Resources and Security to define a list of potential contractors. The latter may then be invited to submit tenders for specific invitations to tender for the supply of the following security equipment for the Commission’s premises in Brussels:
a) physical security: barriers, security turnstiles, single-person air-lock entry systems, unguarded passageways, sliding doors, automatic doors, double-entrance security doors, magnetic and biometric card readers, etc.
b) area surveillance and security: intruder detection systems and accessories, internal and external digital and analog (IP) monitoring and surveillance cameras (all types), video image capture equipment, monitoring and visualisation software, equipment, access controls, magnetic and biometric card readers, transmission modem, cabling, connection box (for Nedap), HDD backup & replacement, copy on CD-RW disk, etc.
In addition to supplying equipment, the contract will include installation, commissioning, statutory inspections by an approved inspection authority, as-built dossiers (manuals on installation, maintenance and use), training, 2-year warranty, parts and labour.
Applications can be submitted until 8 January, 2013 and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Additional information can be requested from the Commission’s Unit for Communication and Stakeholder Relations: Tel. +32 (0) 2 295 32 68, Fax +32 (0) 2 299 19 24.
3. Europol call for expressions of interest: products, maintenance and services concerning security, emergency and first aid (Ref: 2010/S 62-091268)
Europol launched a call for expressions of interest for the provision of the following non-exhaustive list of products, maintenance and services:
– explosive identification devices, training and maintenance
– physical security devices, fixed or portable
– emergency evacuation plans
– evacuation chairs for stairs and first aid boxes/backpacks and other emergency preparedness goods and services
Applications can be submitted until 18 March 2013 and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Additional information can be requested from: Europol, Tel. +31 703531681, Fax +31 703180808, E-mail: email@example.com
4. Call for expressions of interest in the area of evaluation of humanitarian aid activities (Ref: ECHO/EVA/2010-2014)
The European Commission (Directorate-General Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection – DG ECHO) has published a call for expression of interest to establish a pool of evaluators in the area of humanitarian aid activities. To ensure the impartiality of evaluations, DG ECHO will delegate these services to external experts from consulting firms (legal entities/registered companies only) with proven competence and appropriate levels of expertise in the areas covered by the evaluation.
Applications can be submitted until 2 December, 2013 will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Call documentation and application forms can be found here.
Additional information can be requested from DG ECHO’s Evaluation Sector at firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +32.2.299.59.81, fax +32.2.299.11.73.
5. JRC: Illicit Trafficking Radiation Assessment Programme (ITRAP+10) – Call for nuclear experts in the field of nuclear security (Ref: 2010/S 59-086878)
Via this call, the EU’s Joint Research Centre (JRC) in Ispra, Italy aims to set up a reserve list of nuclear experts for its “ITRAP+10” (illicit trafficking radiation assessment programme) project. The experts will evaluate and compare the performance of available radiation detection equipment relevant to nuclear security. They will also collaborate with the JRC to develop and assess test procedures for border-monitoring equipment. Tests carried out during this project will focus on the nuclear/radiological performances of border monitoring instruments (i.e. excluding the mechanical, electro-magnetic, environmental tests, etc.). The services needed are divided into two areas:
– Field 1: experts on border monitoring standards development, and/or test procedure development based on these standards;
– Field 2: experts on testing border monitoring equipment.
Applications can be submitted until 14 December, 2013 will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Tendering documents can be found here.
Additional information can be requested from: European Commission, JRC, Ispra, Fax +39 033.278.98.66. E-mail: JRC-IPSC-TENDERS@ec.europa.eu
6. Frontex call for expression of interest on fundamental rights training (Ref: Frontex 2012/S 60-096777)
To implement its fundamental rights training concept, Frontex seeks trainers/experts able to provide services in the following lots:
– Lot 1: trainers for basic fundamental rights training for all Frontex staff members;
– Lot2: trainers for specialised training on fundamental rights targeted to specialised staff of Frontex with specific needs in a given fundamental rights area.
Deadline: 31 December 2014
The estimated value of the services under this call is EUR 130,000.
Suitable candidates will be included in an expert database (valid until 31 May 2015) from which Frontex will issue ‘invitations to tender’ as needed.
Call documentation and application forms can be found here.
Additional information can be requested from: Frontex Procurement Office, Tel. +48 225449500, fax +48 225449501, e-mail: email@example.com